Verified Reviewer

DOn January 22, 2020 my girlfriend and I booked our tickets through skyscanner to travel from Sofia, Bulgaria to Phuket, Thailand on March 21st. The flight was operated by Flydubai from Sofia to Dubai, and then Emirates from Dubai to Phuket.

On the evening of March 20th, our last night in Bulgaria, I was lucky enough to exercise the competence to check the status of our flight given the capricious and mercurial state of affairs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Much to our astonishment, we realize our flight has been cancelled, and we had received zero notification from travel2be(Travelgenio) or the airlines( Flydubai or Emirates). Nonetheless, it's important to note that the airlines are not held accountable given the fact we did not book through them and they did not have our contact info to notify us. Moving forward, I immediately, and miraculously happen to successfully contact Flydubai and they confirm that our flight is in fact cancelled.

We immediately book a new flight to Thailand through Quatar Airlines directly this time.

That same evening we immediately file a claim with Chase, our bank and notify the claims department of the bizarre fact we were not notified. It is understood that these events were unprecedented, however, reputable and credible travel brokers and airlines were at least notifying fliers of cancellations. This iniquitous and shady *** company did not. Unfortunately, about a month and a half later, upon checking our statement, we shockingly discover that the claim had been reversed.

We were very confused about this as all our other claims that were filed during our interrupted travels stood. It was flabbergasting that the one that warranted an investigation into their business practice was the one that was overturned. Their defense was "tickets were non-refundable". WE WERE NOT THE ONES WHO CANCELLED THE FLIGHT.

THE AIRLINES CANCELLED THE FLIGHTS AND REFUNDED EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED TICKETS FROM THEM. When I spoke to Emirates they confirmed this and they told me I had to deal directly with this corrupt and shady *** company, Travel2b(travelgenio). It is completely inscrutable how my bank, an institution like Chase could not protect us against companies stealing our money for services never rendered and then blaming us as a reason for the claim reversal. Everyone at Chase was understanding and empathetic to our situation, but for some unbeknownst *** insanity, even after taking this issue to the escalation department, they claimed there is nothing they can do.

This company is impossible to get a hold of as well.

When I was lucky enough to finally get them on the phone by some miracle, the customer service representative was odious and rude. She proceeded to tell me that she cannot refund my money and that if I wanted a voucher, I would have to close my claim with the bank first. I would have to be the most masochistic idiot to even entertain the idea of accepting a voucher from these vile bottom feeders for future travel. I informed them that I'm going to dedicate the time to go after them until they not only repay us but everyone else they have *** over.

They stole $900.00 from us for services they never rendered, never notified us that those services could not be rendered, and then lied to my bank to dismiss our claim. CHASE bank should be held accountable here for *** poor investigations regarding claims and the protection of their customers.

User's recommendation: Great way to go if you hate yourself.

Travel2Be Cons: Do not respond, Lie to your financial insitutions, Steal money for services unrendered, Do not notify you of flight cancellations, Only offer vouchers.

Comments

Thank you Ilia for your comment. Please send an e-mail to customer.service@***.com, from the e-mail address you used to make the reservation and indicating the Booking ID in the subject (8-digit code that appears in the confirmation e-mail), and you will receive instructions to contact one of our specialised agents.

Travel2Be Reviews